1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

Subtitle issues

Dieses Thema im Forum "Terratec" wurde erstellt von Hodor, 16. September 2008.

1. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    AW: Subtitle issues

To much or to little... both is no good.

Same with subtitles :D

Take for instance english DVD movies. Nearly everybody use the subtitles on those. Now many people can understand english, so they don't really need the subtitles, but still we don't turn them off. Why? Because it simply requires less focus to follow the movie dialog then.

I guess its the same for the germans. They have the english audio on their DVD's... but they likely still prefer the dubbed audio. No matter how funny those voices sound... :D

2. baldeagle

baldeagle Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    AW: Subtitle issues

I had a chance of sampling just that in the course of a few week-ends in Germany when I sat in front of somebody else's TV. Clint Eastwood or Jack Bauer (of "24" fame) are hilarious when dubbed in German, And so is the clan of "Desperate Housewives" to take just a few haphazard examples. There, half the fun and double-entendre situations are lost.