1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

English anschauen bitte hilfe mir !!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Digital TV über Satellit (DVB-S)" wurde erstellt von john nürnberg, 24. November 2007.

1. john nürnberg

john nürnberg Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    AW: English anschauen bitte hilfe mir !!

How does this sound karl zodac !!!!!!!.. i me gonna get an anthrazit couloured dish 80cm.. and a 100-130 euro digital sat reciever ( is technisat ok) maybe kathrein..... get a wall mount ( wand halterung 90 degrees.... and fix it to the side of my window ... not on the window but on the side :: the window juts out of the roof... its not a dach flachen fenster....... then i have the problem of earthing it ... is that easy maybe i could earth to the dach rinne .. ( the guttering) is that possible ? dank noch mal karl zodac miv

2. karlmueller

karlmueller Gold Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Hi,

as I allready mentioned before:

I stongly suggest you to wait till March until doing any mayor investments!

If for any stupid reason PSB should really decide to stay on the 2D you won't have much (if any) reception backup (for bad weather) for those 2D channels!

I think you wouldn't be happy if you can't watch BBC / ITV when it rains, would you?

Especially if you need an engineer for doing the job you should really wait, however if you can do it yourself I could understand that you are willing to take the risk!

Cause the 30-50 Euro for the dish you would waste in the worst case are nothing compared to living 3-4 months with German TV only, right?

So in this case I think your setup is quite OK but I would recommend a 90 cm dish instead of the 80 cm one cause 80 cm would be the poor minimum for 2D reception and with the 90 cm I think you should be able to watch even 2D channels (of course without much backup).

Also I would not buy a receiver in Germany, I would get me a Sky HD Digibox if I were you!

The Sky Digiboxes are the only hassle-free way to get the UK programs (unless you are a technic freak like I am of course in this case you would have a wider range of receivers to choose from e.g. I
    am using my Sky Card with a D-Box 2 with Linux Neutrino on it) cause:

-Sky Viewing Cards (atm. necessarry for Channel 4, Five, Five Life, Five US, Sky Three and any subscription channels) won't work in any other receiver. Even when Channel 4 gets FTA in March (most likely) you will still need a card for Five and Sky Three and as a plus you may get Sky One and Sky Two also FTV with a Sky Viewing card upon March.
    -You won't get a real EPG on the UK channels with any other receiver (only now and next)
    -When Sky / Astra adds new channels or moves existing channels to a different transponder the digibox will do the neccessary changes automatically on an normal STB you would have to manually update the channel list every time. I remember when a few weeks ago I had to update my channel list in order to get Five US and Life again cause they moved it to a new transponder. This is nothing for a "normal" TV viewer!

Sure a normal Digibox would do the job but I would suggest a HD Digibox cause with such a Box you would be ready for the future of HDTV and if they drop the Sky+ Fee in March (maybe) or if you should decide to subscribe your box will turn in to a HDTV capable PVR!

Concernign the earthing (I thought it is called grounding would be nice if you could explain that cause I am studing electrical engineering and therefor I am interested in such vocabulary) I think you could connect it to the existing lightning protection (Blitzableiter) using a wire with an appropriate cross-section (Querschnitt).

But as I am really not sure about that you should really ask an electrican about that!!!

Maybe it would even better to call an electrican in order to let him ground the dish. Cause if you do it yourself I think that you could run into trouble with your ins_urance (spelled normally the board software will remove the word don't know why) company if something should ever happen cause of the dish and a lighning impact. You must know that the Geman bureaucracy is simple silly they could bring you in front of the court or make you pay a fine for things you would never ever think of! So be very careful with German laws and standards (so called "Normen") or you could very easy run into serious problems!

Greetings,

karlmueller

3. veryhard1

veryhard1 Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    4x D-Box1 Sat
    3x Bluecam
    1x Amon 4.1
    1x D-Box 2 Sat Sagem
    1x D-Box 2 Sat Philips

das ganze an:

85cm Triax 13,0°(Quad)+19,2°(Quad)
    125cm Fuba 19,2(Single)+23,5(Twin)+28,2+28,5(Fokus)(Twin)

Das ganze in 53,5°;7,5°

neither, just havin friends and familiy 'round chicago. i'm finaly fu*ked up with american tv, because i had slingbox. and the cable company removed every single analog channel...just moving into future .. :mad:...MAYBE ITS A SOLUTION FOR YOU!!!

felix

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 27. November 2007
  4. john nürnberg

Punkte für Erfolge:

Thanks yet again karl... you have been phantastic....(fantastic).... i seem only to run into dilemmas these days... to have sky .. ( i phoned bavaria sat they are a sat company based in Munich run by english guys.. i could get a digi box off them but i would have to pay much for it especially a hd digi box like you mentioned .. then to get the card which apparently is illegal to be sold in Germany i would have to pay Bavaria sat 250 euros seeing as they are the host.. then on top of that the sky card would cost between 32 and 70 euros a month depending on which channels i want...with 32 euro deal, i get all free air channels if you know what i mean .. BBc1 Itv etc...... but i still need a dish of around 80 cm to pick up 2d astra 28.2 dont i ? thats what the guy said in munich they use a 90 cm dish.....
    1) i could get another flat with a balcony facing south.. ( i cant really do that its too expensive finding somewhere ime quite happy where i am...).
    2) i could get the sky dish and the card .. but what size dish do i need.. could cost alot though fitting all that and getting it earthed by a fach man ( electrician) and then paying a monthly abo .. ( i can manage 32 euros though )
    3) could get my father to buy a digibox for me but that could take while to find one.......
    4) i could get the 90 cm dish like you said .. but is that not a little big for the roof ? .. would it not blow away( ime slightly exagerating here).. i dont know what to do .. ill have to get in touch with a sat technician somewhere....
    Karl regarding the "erdung" in english... i was allways told you have to "earth" certain things for example the roof.. and the word "earth" was allways used .. maybe in the states they use grounded which is pretty much the same thing.. but becarefull grounded has several meanings .........
    Once again thanks a lot maybe we should meet up and discuss this if u wish.. after all we do live in nürnberg
    see ya john

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 27. November 2007
  5. john nürnberg

Punkte für Erfolge:

thanks felix for the advice.. john

6. karlmueller

karlmueller Gold Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

So if you could fix a 80 cm dish in a way that it dosn't get blown away I see no mayor problem in installing a 90 cm dish basically the same way. 90 cm are not that large.

For the digibox and cards:

-You could buy a digibox and (free to view) card very cheap on ebay.co.uk!
    -Subscribing throu a reseller is damn expensive! Thats the reason for me not having a subscription but only FTV
    -You could subscribe through friends in the UK very cheap (read PM - Personal Message - Private Nachrichten in the upper right corner) and in addition to that you would get a free digibox, minidish and LNB (minidish of course not for use in Germany) if you do so

Greatings,

karlmueller

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 28. November 2007
  7. veryhard1

veryhard1 Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    4x D-Box1 Sat
    3x Bluecam
    1x Amon 4.1
    1x D-Box 2 Sat Sagem
    1x D-Box 2 Sat Philips

das ganze an:

85cm Triax 13,0°(Quad)+19,2°(Quad)
    125cm Fuba 19,2(Single)+23,5(Twin)+28,2+28,5(Fokus)(Twin)

Das ganze in 53,5°;7,5°

if u have a fast internet conncetion, ask your family in britain if they have analog cable tv. you could buy one slingbox, placed it in england and watch those channels on the internet. maybe u got a pvr at home-it would be perfect. costs just the box plus the internet fee ;)

8. karlmueller

karlmueller Gold Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

But the quality of the slingbox stream is not compareable to direct DVB-S reception!

karlmueller

9. john nürnberg

Punkte für Erfolge:

hi Karl very hard one .......... Hey karl you said i could get a free digi box .. how?.... i think ime going to get a >>>>> Pace DS430N.... and get it on ebay from uk maybe... or my father buy one and then get a FTA apparently all Fta cards for sky are getting phased out and everyxone who wants to watch will have to subscribe... thanks again karl

10. karlmueller

karlmueller Gold Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Read your PM for more information about the free digibox!

Concerning the Card:

There are no FTA cards since you don't need a card for FTA channels only for the FTV (encrypted but not subscription) channels like Five and Channel 4 you would need a card and therefor these cards are called FTV cards not FTA cards.

FTV: Free to View
    FTA: Free to Air

And it shouldn't be a problem to get a FTV card cause almost every Sky subscription card automatically turns into a FTV card when the subscription has been canceled. So you could get such former subscription cards very cheap on eBay.co.uk often together with a digibox but you will also find some card-only auctions.

Of course you should ask the seller if the card actually decrypts the FTV channels or not in order to avoid buying a dead card!

Greatings

karlmueller