1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

can only record in .ts file format with Home Cinema?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Terratec" wurde erstellt von helena_marie, 19. April 2009.

1. helena_marie

helena_marie Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    Sorry, but I can't write German, but I home someone can help me.

I have a :
    Cinergy HTC USB XS HD
    Vista SP1 64-bit
    TerraTec Home Cinema Classic: 5.125.00.663

My video-recordings are always in .ts format. I have selected .mpg output, but it's always in .ts format. Does anyone know why that happens?

On my laptop with WinXP the file formats record in .mpg, .wmv....

Is this a Vista problem? Any ideas?

thx,
    helena

2. [Thomas]

[Thomas] Platin Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    AW: can only record in .ts file format with Home Cinema?

Hi Helena,

I guess the stations you are recording are using the H.264 video codec. This codec cannot be recorded into a MPG container, therefore the TS container is automatically used. Could you confirm this or could you record the same stations on the Windows XP in MPG format? If so, please reset your THC settings on the Windows Vista using the thc_reset.bat, that is located in th THC program directory.

3. helena_marie

helena_marie Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

yes, it seems that the HD channels can only be recorded as a .ts file.
    The other channels can be recorded in .mpg, etc...

Thanks for the help and clarification.

4. [Thomas]

[Thomas] Platin Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Ok, thanks for your feedback. That's the right behaviour.

5. baldeagle

baldeagle Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

And why would ts recordings of a channel using H.264 only play in THC? With VLC Player I get a perfect picture and no sound whereas on Media Player Classic/ Windows Media Player/ Cyberlink's Power DVD Player I get a black screen . Are some codecs missing or can there be a codec conflict?

I'm using XP SP3 with the latest batch of KL Codecs on several computers. Recordings are made with a Terratec USB Diversity Stick. Non H.264 recordings run like clockwork.

6. [Thomas]

[Thomas] Platin Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

I'm wondering why you can't play the TS file with sound in VLC. Are there multiple audio tracks available in VLC?

7. baldeagle

baldeagle Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Good question, and I am just as surprised as you that VLC Player (ver 0.9.9) can't cope with these audio tracks.

Let's see if I'm doing something daft. When recording, I set the option "record all audio tracks" in THC 125xx. I can just tell you that I chose this option to be sure not to miss anything. I am unable to tell you whether the broadcasts I record are in fact offered with a variety of audio tracks. Most of the recordings are reports or films where the original track is English with optional subtitles in Norwegian.

As I'm writing these lines from my "home base", I cannot check those TV channels now or do any test recordings with different or additional options, but would appreciate any suggestion on how to proceed next time as well as any guidance on how to proceed with troubleshooting.

8. baldeagle

baldeagle Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Checking in VLC Player I see no audio tracks listed for these recordings.
    For a few of my recordings four streams are listed in TOOL/CODEC INFORMATION. three deal with subtitles and the relevant codecs (telx and dvbs) and the fourth with the video codec (h264). Anything to do with audio is greyed out. In general preferences, Audio is enabled.

Mind you, on other types of recordings in the mpeg format that don't use H264, VLC does not list any audio codecs in TOOL/CODEC INFORMATION, but playback is perfect.

Looks as if I'll have to stick to THC.

9. [Thomas]

[Thomas] Platin Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Sorry, I'm not sure what's going wrong in VLC. But I guess if you could play the file in THC, there is no problem regarding to the file. It must be a VLC problem.

10. baldeagle

baldeagle Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Thanks for your feedback Thomas. I'll have to deal with that when I have a bit more time to look at how all the options are set in VLC Player. As long as THC is able to play back the files I'm safe and dry!