1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

astra 2D who can help me

Dieses Thema im Forum "Auslands-TV / Pay-TV International / Erotik" wurde erstellt von NBOTB, 1. Januar 2005.

1. NBOTB

NBOTB Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    Hi all
    Hope it is not rude writing in english, but the old german is not so good.(reading is no problem.)
    My problem: After reading all about astra 2D and living in Hannover, I just had to have it. Bought a dish "golden interstar" 100cm, with Lnb "big sat" both for 33 Euros from ebay. have a digital reciever from "Medion" also cheap.
    (yes this chap is a cheapo)
    Set the whole lot up and pointed it all up in to the blue sky, and bingo just after 2 hours of left right up down, my reciever tells me that I have a super signal from astra 28.2. (had to give in the freq. and all manuell) did a "sendersuch" and after 10 min. tells me that I`m now the pround owner of around 170 channels plus around the same amount of radio stations, BBC the lot, boy was I a happy chappy.
    BUT when I put a individual channel on, it gives me no pic. but a "faulty signal"
    have spent another 2 hours trying fine tuning of dish, skew. have read for 4 hours all there is about "tuning in" to the old bird. Even tried talkig to the dish.

Help german or english I don`t mind
    Happy new year to all
    Jayson NBOTB

2. littlelupo

littlelupo Guest

AW: astra 2D who can help me

"Faulty signal" could mean, that this signal has too much bit errors, so that you cannot watch this TV channel. By the way: "golden interstar", "bigsat" and "Medion" are none of the products with high quality. Can you borrow somewhere another digital satellite receiver and try it again?

It is more useful (during the installation process) to put satellite receiver and your TV set just next to the satelite dish.

Can you give us a bird eye's view which TV channesl you can receive (without the message "faulty signal") and which TV channels are still missing? To find out, you can go to this website:

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet: 1. Januar 2005
  3. NBOTB

NBOTB Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

TV and receiver are all within sight when allining the dish,yes still took me so long.took some time to relise that I have to put in the freq. manually, receiver had only listings for astra 1, Astra 2D and other sats. must be put in manually
    ALL channels are faulty siginal,
    but I don`t quite understand how the channels got into my receiver but cannot be viewed, the bitrate was zero, when searching for astra 2D
    I scanned and received listing for all uncoded (free) Channels

4. NBOTB

NBOTB Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

And yes I am going about this all cheaply and borrowing a receiver shall be now looked upon, Wheres my address book

5. littlelupo

littlelupo Guest

First of all: 100cm satellite should be big enough to receiver ASTRA2D (and, of course ASTRA2A / 2B /Eurobird) in Hannover.
    A-ha. Remember: You can not only out in the frequency manually, but also Polarisation, Video-PID, Audio-PID, PCR and Service-ID (=SID). is this possible with the Medion receiver? Or can you only choose between "automatic search" and "manuel search" (just other words for "sendersuch".

The software of a Medion satellite receiver has the reputation to include several bugs, also serious bugs. Therefore another satellite receiver could help you out of this situation. The DF-Forum has a seperate forum for "Medion"-Receivers. Perhaps you can start another thread there, pointing out that you want to receive ASTRA2D. It would be helpful to give the readers here the exact name/type of your Medion receiver.

6. NBOTB

NBOTB Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Yes I am only able to choose between manuel and automatic search.
    under maneul I am able to select satalite I choose astra 28.2
    frequenz I put in 10.773
    symbolrate I put in 22000
    polarität I choose Horizontal
    transpondersuche Ja/Nein I chose nein
    verschlüsselt Ja/Nein again I choose nein
    Starte sendersuche

It also tells me the
    Empfangsparameter:
    Bitfehler Is down to 0 (which I presume is best)
    signalstarke Is green and tells me gut

selecting starte sendersuch, it then scanned Astra 28.2 all transponders and then added to my sender list the complete programmes (uncoded) to my list

I take it that I was really in contact with the Satelite, otherwise I would not receive the list of channels which were not in my channel list?
    I am sure my problem of not receiving lays with my receiver, but I did`nt want to give up to easily.
    Thanks very much for staying with me, and I relise that I`ll have to spash out a bit more before I`M able to view. Shall borrow, beg, or steal a receiver first.

Anyone know the "Cheapest" best receiver for the job

7. littlelupo

littlelupo Guest

that's correct
    Try this one: "transpondersuche ja". I'm not really sure what it means... Perhaps it means that not the whole range of frequencies is scanned, only this particular transponder.
    That's right.
    Signalstärke (literally: signal strengh) is ok, but that is not sooo important.
    That is also correct. You are receiving the satellite position you want, otherwise the automatic search/Sendersuchlauf would not find all the BBC-Programmes and others, for example teleshopping programmes from GB.

My satellite receiver (the one I use most of the time. Galaxis Easy World) has also problems scanning ASTRA2/Eurobird automatically, manual scan or putting in Video and Audio-PID manually works. I suppose that satellite receivers designed for the German market (ASTRA1) have often such problems which ASTRA2/Eurobird.

8. CableDX

CableDX Board Ikone

Punkte für Erfolge:

hi,

@NTOTB:

Let me give you a straight question: You wanna receive the british channels from Sky or you just interested in ITV2 and BBC, which are FTA?

It`s a big question, cause there are many channels but on the other hand you have to pay for those. You wrote that you have a clear Signal. Have you ever switched to BBC Program?

CableDX

9. CableDX

CableDX Board Ikone

Punkte für Erfolge:

As I read all your comments now it seems to be that you just looking for FTA Channels. So please ignore my Posting above. ;)

Did you check the wire between dish and receiver?....and did you also choose the right BBC? I don`t know if the local BBC`s are FTA same as BBC England, cause I have a Digibox with an EPG. So if not, it could be possible that you hang wiith a local BBC, but I don`t think so, cause it wouldn`t matter to go FTA only for BBC England and not for the locals. The difference between both are just the local news.

CableDX

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 1. Januar 2005
  10. littlelupo

littlelupo Guest

Why should NTOTB do this? BER = 0 ?