1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

Anleitung: TwinHan-Software auf Fremdhardware

Dieses Thema im Forum "Heimkino mit dem PC" wurde erstellt von mcihael, 20. Oktober 2004.

1. ipsy

ipsy Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    AW: Anleitung: TwinHan-Software auf Fremdhardware

guten tag, ich bin französisch, was meine fehler erklärt ich wissen vollten, ob jemandes mir die erklärungen in französisch older in englisch geben konnte, um dieses programm mit einem tuner tnt artec t1 zu installieren
    danke im voraus

2. ipsy

ipsy Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

ich habe einen Tuner tnt artec T1
    ich erfolgreich bin, das Programm einzuführen, aber er gibt ein reception an 0% an und findet keine Kette nur ist das, was ich machen kann?
    ich hatte, XP vor dieser Handhabung wieder einzusetzen...
    da auf einem anderen Rechner mit dem Ursprungsprogramm ich alle Ketten danke habe
    ich hatte, XP vor dieser Handhabung wieder einzusetzen...
    und da auf einem anderen Rechner mit dem Ursprungsprogramm ich alle Ketten habe
    danke

3. ipsy

ipsy Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Person, um mir zu helfen?

4. hornygerman

hornygerman Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

@ ipsy : Please post your problem in english. Maybe we can umderstand your problem better than described in german.
    As far as i managed to understand your problem is that you were succesful to setup the software / driver but you aren't able to receive a tv signal ?
    Well, first of make sure you're living in an area where DVB-T streams are already broadcasted. Secondly are you using an active antenna or a passive one ? If you're using a passive antenna tray using an active one instead. An old Antenna from the old days fits for that needs.
    cheers
    horny

5. ipsy

ipsy Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Thx for answering hornygerman :)

The adapter (Artec T1) is working fine with the bundled software, but I'd like to hack the Twinhan driver to use VisionDTV, which is much better.

I modified the drivers version 2.422 and installed VisionDTV. It went fine but the software is unable to find any signal, so I guess I missed something in the inf files, since someone reported it was working with this adapter. Would anyone be kind enough to explain how to modify the drivers exactly, or maybe post a hacked version for the Artec T1? My german is inexistant and online translations are just crap.

Here's a sample of my UDTTcap.inf :
    Code:
    [USBDTT]
     %USBDTT.DeviceDesc_T%=USBDTT.Dev,USB\VID_05D8&PID_8106
     %USBDTT.DeviceDesc_T%=USBDTT.Dev,USB\VID_05D8&PID_8108
     %USBDTT.DeviceDesc_T%=USBDTT.Dev,USB\VID_10B8&PID_0BB9
     %UDTTUSB.DeviceDesc_T%=UDTTUSB.Dev,USB\VID_1822&PID_3202
     %UDTTUSB.DeviceDesc_T%=UDTTUSB.Dev,USB\VID_13D3&PID_3202
    and UDTTload.inf :
    Code:
    [USBDTT]
     %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8105
     %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8107
     %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_0547&PID_2235
     %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_1822&PID_3201
     %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_13D3&PID_3201
    Thanks a lot ;)

6. mcihael

mcihael Silber Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    Digipal 2, Philips DTR 1000, Medion MD 29006, Artec T1
    Installing Twinhan-Software on Artec T1

Okay, here we go.

Important Notes:
    1. This Howto is directed to experienced users. It might render your existing DVB-T installation useless, so you should know what you are doing.
    2. There are different hardware revisions of the Artec T1 existing, and not all will work with other drivers and software than provided by Artec.
    3. This Howto refers to the installation of Twinhan 2.60 on WinXP SP2. The instructions given her will also work with other software versions and Windows versions. Maybe some strings are different, but this shouldn't be a problem.
    4. Do not copy&paste parts of that Howto into your own .inf files in order to modify your driver installation files. They may be broken. Always use the files provided with your driver&application packages.

Chapter 1
    Basic system preparation
    Explorer settings
    Make sure that your Explorer settings are like this:
    • uncheck "hide file extensions"
    • uncheck "hide system and hidden folders"
    • check "show content of system folders"
    • check "show all files and folders"
    These settings are safe, there is no need to switch them back later.
    Note:
    "hide file extensions" should always be disabled in order to avoid security issues with hidden file extensions (e.g. merkel_naked.jpg.exe isn't really a jpg picture, but by default you see only the .jpg extension, not the .exe-part)

Environment variables
    Next, we have to set some environment variables (yes we need them).
    Open control panel - system and choose the "Advanced"-tab and click the environment variables button.
    There you have to create two new system variables, administrative permissions are required to do so.
    The first one is
    Code:
    devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
    , set the value to 1.
    The second one is
    Code:
    devmgr_show_details
    , here also the value must be set to 1.
    Done. Maybe you have to log off or even reboot, I don't remember.

Chapter 2
    Identifiy your Artec box.
    Open device manager and select "show hidden devices" in the "View"-menu.

These Digital TV devices create two entries in device manager. The first one can be found in the Audio- Video- Gamecontrollers-section, the second part - the firmware loader is located in the USB-section. That entry is hidde, so select "show hidden devices" in the "View"-menu of device manager.

Select the first device, right-click and select "properties". Choose the details tab and select the "Hardware-ID"-entry. Write down the lower entry, that should look like "USB\Vid_1822&Pid_3202" or similar.
    Then do the same for the other device (firmware loader). My entry is "USB\Vid_05d8&Pid_8105", yours will be somewhat different.

You will need these Values, so be careful when writing them down.

Chapter 3
    Merging the drivers
    Now we try to enable the Twinhan drivers installing on Artec T1 hardware.
    We need
    • Artec driver files (from CD oder Artec website)
    • Twinhan drivers from Twinhan website
    • a good unpacking software, I recommend 7-zip
    • and a text editor, Notepad will do the job
    Artec driver files
    We need the "setupdrv" folder from the Artec software package. This should be located on the driver CD. If you don't find it, then download the package from Artec website.
    Extract the package you downloaded from Artec website to a convenient location (e.g. DVBT\artec). There you should find the folder mentioned above.
    The interesting files in that folder are:
    • dgtvcap.inf
    • dgtvcap.sys
    • dgtvload.inf
    • dgtvload.sys
    • dgtvload2.sys
    The files containing *cap belong to the capture device allowing us to watch TV. The *load files refer to the firmware of that device.

Lets have a closer look at the .inf files:
    This is the hardware section from dgtvcap.inf
    Code:
    [Ultima]
    %MODUSB.DeviceDesc%=MODUSB.Dev,USB\VID_05D8&PID_8106
    %MODUSB.DeviceDesc%=MODUSB.Dev,USB\VID_05D8&PID_8108
    %MODUSB.DeviceDesc%=MODUSB.Dev,USB\VID_10B8&PID_0BB9

This is the hardware section from dgtvload.inf
    Code:
    [Ultima]
    %MODLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8105
    %MODLOAD2.DeviceDesc%=LOADER2.Device, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8107
    %MODLOAD2.DeviceDesc%=LOADER2.Device, USB\VID_0547&PID_2235

Here we see not only modload-entries, but also modload2. It can be assumed, that these devices will need the dgtvload2.sys instead of dgtvload.sys

Now it is your job to compare the hardware IDs you wrote down previously with these entries in the .inf-files.

Twinhan driver files
    Extract the downloaded twinhan package and locate the "drivers" folder. If you are using Windows XP, rename the WinXP folder to something else like WinXP-old. Then create a copy of the Win2k-Folder and rename that copy to WinXP.
    If you are using Win9x/ME oder Win2000, you can use these folders as they are.

Because the Twinhan package covers a lot of hardware there are much more files in the drivers folder. But luckily we are only interested in a subset of that hardware collection, so these are the files we need:
    • UDTTCAP.inf
    • UDTTCAP.sys
    • UDTTload.inf
    • UDTTload.sys
    You see, they are named similar to the Artec files, but a *load2.sys is missing.

Lets have a look at the hardware section of .inf-files
    UDTTCAP.inf
    Code:
    [MfgDeviceSection]
    %UDTTCAP.SvcDesc% = UDTTCAP, USB\VID_1822&PID_3202
    %UDTTCAP.SvcDesc% = UDTTCAP, USB\VID_13D3&PID_3202
    %UDTTCAP.SvcDesc% = UDTTCAP, USB\VID_1025&PID_005F

UDTTLOAD.inf
    Code:
    [USBDTT]

Joining the hardware information
    Next, we have to copy the lines containing the hardware information from the Artec files into the files from the twinhan drivers:
    UDTTCAP.inf (continued)
    Code:
    [MfgDeviceSection]
    %MODUSB.DeviceDesc%=MODUSB.Dev,USB\VID_05D8&PID_8106
    %MODUSB.DeviceDesc%=MODUSB.Dev,USB\VID_05D8&PID_8108
    %MODUSB.DeviceDesc%=MODUSB.Dev,USB\VID_10B8&PID_0BB9

and we have to change some words to be compliant with the Twinhan inf:
    UDTTCAP.inf (final)
    Code:
    [MfgDeviceSection]
    %UDTTCAP.SvcDesc% = UDTTCAP, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8106
    %UDTTCAP.SvcDesc% = UDTTCAP, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8108
    %UDTTCAP.SvcDesc% = UDTTCAP, USB\VID_10B8&PID_0BB9

Of course we do the same with the *load.inf:
    UDTTLOAD.inf (final)
    Code:
    [USBDTT]
    %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8105
    %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_05D8&PID_8107
    %UDTTLOAD.DeviceDesc%=LOADER.Device, USB\VID_0547&PID_2235

Please note that the devices in lines 2 and 3 need another firmware file.

We are ready, the Twinhan driver package is prepared to be installed.

Chapter 4
    Removing Artec drivers and software.
    1. Unplug your box.
    2. Uninstall Artec software using the software applet in control panel.
    3. Open device manager and make sure, that hidden devices are displayed. Select all entries concerning your USB DVB-T box and uninstall them. Remember, that there are two types of devices installed. If requested, reboot.
    4. Now start your search applet. Make sure that System and Hidden directories and files including subdirectories are searched, too.
      First, search for all files matching dgtv*.* in your Windows folder. Delete them or move them to a backup folder, just as you like.
      Second, search for files containing the string ULTIMA in your Windows\inf folder. I expect that you'll find some OEMxx.inf files. If you don't have any other hardware from Artec, you should also delete them.
      As a last step, open Windows Explorer (or your favourite file manager) and navigate to Windows\inf. Delete these OEMxx.pnf-files that don't have a matching OEMxx.inf-file.
    You have successfully removed Artec files and drivers from your system. Give your system a chance to reboot ;-)

Artec boxes with other firmware
    Caution: I do not know, if that works!
    If the hardware-ID of your firmware loader matches
    USB\VID_05D8&PID_8107
    or
    USB\VID_0547&PID_2235
    then try the following before you install the drivers:
    Rename the UDTTLOAD.sys in the Twinhan drivers folder to UDTTLOAD.backup
    Copy dgtvload2.sys from the Artec files into the Twinhan drivers folder and rename it to UDTTLOAD.sys

Chapter 5
    Installing Twinhan drivers and software.
    Now, plug in your box. The hardware installation assistant will appear in order to install the drivers. Do not let him automatically search, direct him to the location you have put your (modified) drivers. And remember, there are two devices, drivers will be installed for.
    And as a last step you install the software. The setup will install the drivers again, so your modified drivers should be located at the original location in the installation package.

Chapter 6
    Misc
    The programmers in China, who are responsible for the software from Artec and Twinhan have not yet realized that there are different types of users on Windows NT 5.x systems (Win2000 and XP). So they require write permissions for the Windows folder (Artec) and the program folder (Twinhan and Artec). If you are running the twinhan software, then grant your users Write (and Change) permissions on the folder including its files and subdirectories the twinhan software is installed to.

That's it.

Michael

7. lolo12345

lolo12345 Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

hi, kann jemand sagen ob diese software auch für den usb-stick von easyone läuft? wenn jemand schon eine funktinierende lösung hat, postet er bitte die entsprechenden einträge? bin nicht so gut in sowas. sry
    hier noch ein foto von dem stick den ich meine:
    [​IMG]

8. s0ry

s0ry Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Hi,

thank you verry verry much mcihael for the tutorial.

And thank you for posting in english. Google translation from german is not great.

I've tried to follow your first tutorial some weeks ago but I couldn't find the good Twinhat version.

I managed to install Twinhan now with mi artec device but I have some problems:
    -When I tried to scan the channel Twinhan freezes when it finds some channels on a frequency and then tries to change the frequency.
    -I had to scan each frequency one by one, and to resart Twinhan between each scan. Thank god I knew what the good frequencyes were and I didnt have to scan them all.
    -When I finally found all the channels I noticed I cannot change between channels that are not in the same frequency. Twinhan says "Error locking channel! Error reading channel". The only solution is to restart Twinhan or to wait a little bit and then he manages to change the channel.
    It only does that when changing channels that do not have the same frequency. Changing between channels that are on the same frequenc works ok.

I would like to know if you experienced the same problem or if ou have any ideea on how to manage it.

Oh, my device is:
    USB\Vid_10b8&Pid_0bb9
    and firmware loader is
    USB\Vid_0547&Pid_2235

and I copied dgtvload2.sys in the twinhan directory

Thank you

s0ry

9. mcihael

mcihael Silber Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:

Hi,

did you follw these instructions?
    If this didn't work, then your box might be not compatible or there is some bug in the version you tried to install (Actually I have severe issues with latest Ver. 2.607)

You may try Vision DTV Ver 2.603 or 2.432 available from www.digitalrise.biz, if that fails, too, then you'll have to stick with Artec software. Latest 2.17 works quite well, although it is not as feature loaded like Twinhan DTV.

good luck,
    Michael

10. mcihael

mcihael Silber Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:

Mit 99% Sicherheit nein. Aber Du kannst es anhand der Anleitung gerne selbst versuchen. Ansonsten bitte einen neuen Thread aufmachen.

Michael