1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

UK Satellite Television

Dieses Thema im Forum "Digital TV über Satellit (DVB-S)" wurde erstellt von Magnus Pymm, 22. November 2004.

1. Magnus Pymm

Magnus Pymm Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    (Sorry for my German, I'me still learning)

Hallo

Ich wohne in der gegend zwischen Dachau und Augsburg und wollte gern UK TV sender per satellite empfangen, jedenfalls BBC und wan's möglich ist auch ITV.
    Ich muss das ganze machen über den Astra 2d 28.3 ost satellit und brauche dafür ein 120 - 150cm Schüssel (?) Weiter muss ich auch ein Digital empfanger habe und ein LND kaufen.

Frage:

1. Wo kann mann grosse Schüssel kaufen (on-line)
    2. Gibt es kwalität unterschiede zwischen schüssel marke
    3. Welch LND ?
    4. Welche Satelite receiver
    5. Brauch ich noch andere sachen ?

Voraussetzungen:

- Kein Pay-TV welche art dann auch
    - Optimale empfang/bild/sound
    - Digital BBC Radio gewunscht.

Hoffentlich kann jemand mich helfen, mein herzliche dank dafür

Grussen

Magnus

2. Roger 2

Roger 2 Guest

AW: UK Satellite Television

Hello Magnus,

the best Online-Shop I know is www.olbort.at, there You can get over-sized antennas till 3.60meters and also 1.20m oder 1.50m and special solutions for difficulties on reception (so as ASTRA2D), all for good prices...
    The Shop is in Austria, but not far away from Your location.
    If You like watching British SkyB, you need a SkyBox, cause these encryptions can only be received be this. For Free-to-Air-TV You can use each DVB-Receiver, also for receptioning of free radio channels in digital.

Nice greetings
    Roger

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet: 22. November 2004
  3. uli12us

uli12us Platin Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

In Augsburg you need for BBC only a 80cm up to 1m Mirror. In the next weeks ITV will cancel the encryption and is soon FTA

4. Toby112

Toby112 Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

hi magnus

wie uli12us schon sagte 1 meter ist gut....am besten 1.10 meter von Triax !

den receiver würde ich von Topfield (TF4000Fe) nehmen !

lnb muss nicht das teuerste sein.......8-10 euro

firma olbort ist viel zu teuer !!! schau mal bei ebay rein da sind genug

händler !!

gruss toby

5. Nelix

Nelix Silber Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

You will need a dish of 100cm. http://www.beitinger.de/sat/astra_2d.html
    Why not by a Sky Digibox and a Freesat Card? http://www.freesatfromsky.com
    You will get C4 and 5. A card alone costs ₤20 but you will need an address in the UK. If you by it from Ebay you will pay nearly double that. Those cards will only work in a Digibox from Sky

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 22. November 2004
  6. Toby112

Toby112 Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

hallo..!

ei jei jei..... wie oft denn noch das mit dem 1 meter spiegel !!!

der man will bbc schauen und kein pay tv so schreibt er !!!

er fragt auch nach itv.....kann er schauen itv3....und wenn

er glück hat bald auch itv 1 und 2 !!!!!

der link ist auch mist......ist tot !

gruss toby

7. Nelix

Nelix Silber Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Link ist gefixed. Die FTV Karten sind kein PayTV. Es sei denn, Du findest das eine einmalige Zahlung von ₤20 PayTV ist.

8. Toby112

Toby112 Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

wo ist eigentlich der herr magnus p ?!

wäre nett wenn er mal was zu seinem thema oder frage sagt !!!

gruss toby

9. sdl

sdl Silber Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Nur die Ruhe ;). Wenn ich was in ein fremdes Forum schreibe bzw. das das erste mal mache, erwarte ich nicht unbedingt innerhalb der nächsten 2h eine Antwort. Der wird halt morgen wieder hier vorbeischauen.

---

Hi Magnus,

ITV is currently rethinking its ecryption, i.e. if we are lucky, we will be able to see ITV free of charge in the near future. ITV3 already broadcasts FTA.

In terms of LNBs, most people here recommend either Invacoms or ALPs. Please don't by any Goldstar or similar LNBs, as they have proven to cause lots of trouble. Very often cheap LNBs from Home Depot, particularly Quad LNBs with an integrated switch cause problems as well. But also brand names do have problems. The smart play would be to take a Quattro LNB, that's one without an integrated matrix, and hook it up to a 5/x multiswitch, where x represents the number of subscribers you'd like to supply with TV signals. If you only have one or two subscribers, you can also buy a single or a twin LNB and forget the multiswitch.

Speaking of the dish and whether one should buy a brand name, opinions are generally devided here. Some say metal is metal and one can't tell the difference between a brand metal and a non brand one, especially not the electromagnetic waves :D. But it's not only the metal that's important, but also e.g. the quality of the fixture mechanism, i.e. tends the dish to change it's position easily in severe storms? But you don't have to by a Mercedes, which is Kathrein. Technisat, Nokia or Fuba dishes will also do.

If you need additional things, other than the ones you mentioned depends on whether you'd like to only view Astra 2, i.e. BBC and ITV, or if you're also interested in German TV programs in order to save cable fees for instance. Attention, you have to pay GEZ for our public broadcasters either way. GEZ fees are not cable fees.
    German networks broadcast via Astra 19.2 degrees East. Both satellite positions (28.2E and 19.2E) can be received with one dish. For such an multifeed solution you need an additional LNB as well as a Diseqc switch or a 9/x multiswitch, where x represents the number of {TV sets, VCRs, ...} you'd like to supply with TV programs from that dish, depending on the components of your satellite dish.

so long,
    sdl

10. Magnus Pymm

Magnus Pymm Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Well Thank you, didn't expect such an overwhelmong response. Now backed up with at least a minimal knowledge I will visit a satellite TV shop tomorrow to fill in the final holes. I will report my progress regularly. I am thinking of installing the dish and connection myself, is thei wishfull thinking, or can this actually be done by a complete technical dunce like myself ?

Anyway again thanks a lot, and I will keep you updated.

Kindest regards to you all

Magnus