1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

Probably bad reception

Dieses Thema im Forum "Terratec" wurde erstellt von Hodor, 21. September 2008.

1. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

Anzeige
    I get messages like:

CVbiFilter::TS_PutPesPacket() - Dropped 1 PES packets -> probably bad reception

But according to THC's own information I got a rocksolid 98% signal strength and quality. Also there has been 0 lost packets. But there is a visible tiny studder/jerkyness/tearing when those get logged.

So is there a bad signal or what?

Entire trace: http://rvnf3g.bay.livefilestore.com...FD0QRxsdZyZjhBdQrmoa6hhpRU/Trace.log?download

[​IMG]

2. Friedo

Friedo Senior Member

Technisches Equipment:
    Eye TV Sat
    AW: Probably bad reception

Unfortunately the signal quality value is not always reliable.
    In depends very much on which signal detection/statistics the demod chipset offers and how the driver interpretes it.

So in your case it seems the signal quality isn't as perfect as the 98% would suggest.

You might recheck the ideal antenna position. Sometime simply moving the antenna a few centimeters can make a big difference.

3. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

Antenna? Hmm... sounds like some analog thing from the past. I could call my cable provider and ask them to move their antenna a few meters. :D

On the settop box Sagem 60 there was never any hickups or picture freeze.

4. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

How do I verify the signal quality?

Since the information screen don't seem to give any usefull information in this case. Also DVBviewer isn't freezing up. Only MediaPortal crash alot, but that's normal :D

My settop box have never shown a problem.

5. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

I finally had a chance to test my signal with a FireDTV on the same computer as my 'Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD'. Both are tested with DVBviewer since THC won't play with the FireDTV.

And the result:
    Rocksolid stream with FireDTV without a single discontinuties in the stream.
    Terratec Cinergy rakes in loads of discontinuties and shows many glitches in the picture. It even sometimes stop the stream entirely so manual interaction is needed to get it going again.

So.. SAME SIGNAL and the Cinergy simply fails badly!

Is it something in the BDA drivers? Or should I simply return the Cinergy and try a Technotrend card instead?

6. [Thomas]

[Thomas] Platin Member

Is the FireDTV also a PCI device? If it's not there could be also a problem with the PCI bus. Maybe any other components are sharing resources with the PCI. Did you tried the Cinergy C PCI in another PCI slot?

7. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

Tried both my PCI slots with no change.

As you can see on http://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t19080.html there are people with the same issue. Including some very creative solutions about adding extra shieldning on the PCI card. Worked for some...

But back to the problem. The FireDTV is an external box connected via firewire. So it's very different, but still just a BDA device for the program.

8. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

I've given up on the PCI card and will explore an external solution.

I know the FireDTV will work but it cost more than 200 euro here. So I'll try the TechnoTrend CT-3650 first that cost 110 euro.

It's a shame, because it's been a pleasure to see that problems in the THC software was corrected so fast. But hopefully it will benefit others in the future.

Now I just have to fight the shop to return the TerraTec card since it took abit of time to reach this conclusion.

The TechnoTrend was delivered yesterday and it has not shown a single discontinuties so far... but its communication with the CI seems unstable. So back to square one for me :(

Diese Seite empfehlen