1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

Original language cinema at Ruhrgebiet/NRW?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Kino, Blu-ray und DVD" wurde erstellt von raymond, 3. November 2006.

1. raymond

raymond Neuling

Anzeige
    Hi all, can anyone recommend movie theaters around Ruhrgebiet which would show original language (=english) movies? Doesn't really matter if new or old.

Can't seem to find any in Essen and only one in Dusseldorf (cinestar)??

Thank you very much for any info.

2. 2def

2def Silber Member

AW: Original language cinema at Ruhrgebiet/NRW?

where are u from

3. 2def

2def Silber Member

i think for a german viewer it is really hard to follow the english even if it is not subtitle.

i recently watched a scanner darkly you understand nothing its like chinese talk

are u from an english country:eek:

4. Gag Halfrunt

Gag Halfrunt Lexikon

I just asked a friend from Essen a few days ago. He doesn't know any cinemas in Essen showing only english language movies. Huge cinemas like Cinemaxx and Cinestar will show some original language movies sometimes.

I'm from Frankfurt -- here we have the cinema "Turm Palast" which shows only english language movies.

5. Klaus K.

Klaus K. Board Ikone

Technisches Equipment:
    LG-UHD-OLED, Sky-UHD-Receiver

Hello,

if you won´t mind to ride to Cologne there is one original language cinema
    not too far away from the central railway station:
    Metropolis
    Ebertplatz 11
    50668 Köln
    Tel. 0221 739 12 45

best regards
    Klaus

6. raymond

raymond Neuling

But you seem to write good english?

I'm from Finland and we have all foreign movies subtitled, but I can understand spoken english almost like finnish.

I find it very weird having someone else speaking on top of the movie. To me it's like listening to karaoke. But I don't mind watching german original language and learning the language while watching.

I actually found that Borat is the only original language movie playing around here at the moment. And some other in Dussledorf. That's better than a month ago when there was none.

Köln is a bit far away, i think more than 100 km.

I kinda thought that there would've been some independent small cinemas that would show originals. Isn't there always some small scene of afficionados that prefer the original work of art? :)

7. 2def

2def Silber Member

ok the scandinaviens speak very well english i dont know why but they do it perfectly.

borat is a movie you have must seen in english becaue a synchronisation of this kind of movies would be a failure.

but i dont like this film anyway

but many german speaker are better (the voices) then the original.

but on dvd you can choose your wathing habits with original and subtitles or synchronisation,,i prefer that much

here in düsseldorf is a special movie theater which only plays in the original language.

sorry but at the moment i dont know the exact location.

8. Gag Halfrunt

Gag Halfrunt Lexikon

It's only a matter of habbit watching these "karaoke" movies. I won't miss them.
    In Essen there are a few small independant cinemas -- but they all show dubbed movies too. In germany it's no common practice to show original language movies. We all grow up with the dubbed version, just like in your country with the original. So that's maybe one reason why our english is not the best (mine too... ) :D

9. raymond

raymond Neuling

Really? If you remember the name or place, please tell me. I would be very interested!

10. raymond

raymond Neuling

That's propably one reason. No doubt about it. Other one is music and that most people choose english in elementary school. We learn atleast two other languages. Swedish is mandatory and the other one is english, german or in rare occasions french.

Diese Seite empfehlen