1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

General help needed!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Digital TV über Kabel (DVB-C)" wurde erstellt von magwe, 23. September 2002.

1. magwe

magwe Neuling

Anzeige
    Hi,

I live in Sweden (wich is why I don't write in German), and the selection of set-top-boxes that are available here are limited. If I am going to switch to digital tv I want to be able to record programs in full digital quallity, but there are no set-top-boxes on the Swedish market with harddrives.

I tried to contact my cable operator, comhem, and asked them if I could buy a box or PC-card in e.g. Germany and use it on their network, but they refused to give me any information saying that they don't support it, so I hope that someone here can give me some answers.

Are there any substandards to DVB-C or do all DVB-C receivers work? I.e. can I buy any set-top-box och PC-card that supports DVB-C and expect it to work with my cable?

I want to be able to record and then transfer the recordings to my PC so that I can reencode and store on CD-Rs. What options do I have? How about PC-cards? I need to be able to insert a program card. Are the different standards for this? How will this work with a PC-card?

And finally.. Where can I get what I need? (online..)

Thank you!

- Magnus

2. CableDX

CableDX Board Ikone

hi,

first question is u wrote: "..and i need to be able to insert a program card".
    ..u mean a smartcard of ur paytv provider, right?
    which system use ur cable provider? u know it?

if u wanna use a tv-card, take a Hauppauge DVB-c. u can connect this card with an CI (Common Interface). Inside the CI comes a module and in this ur card.
    Ask ur Provider which System they use.

Normally it will work with other box`s when there are no standards which are needed.

greets,

CableDX

<small>[ 23. September 2002, 23:41: Beitrag editiert von: CableDX ]</small>

3. DerABV

DerABV Gold Member

Funzt die auch beim Kabel?
    Does it work with cable?

4. CableDX

CableDX Board Ikone

hi,

ah sorry i mean Hauppauge DVB-c.
    My mistake.

greets,

CableDX

5. magwe

magwe Neuling

Hi again,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond!

After I made my post here, the answer appeared on a Swedish DVD forum winken There was someone who had just bought the Hauppauge DVB-c card and verified that it worked with my cable provider.

I have just ordered a DVB-c card from Germany.

Thanks again!

- Magnus

6. CableDX

CableDX Board Ikone

hi,

ok, np...have fun with the card.

cu

CableDX

Diese Seite empfehlen