1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

Cinergy C PCI HD: Treiberkonflikt mit Catalyst 9.5/9.6?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Terratec" wurde erstellt von hcwuschel, 21. Juni 2009.

1. hcwuschel

hcwuschel Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    Humax 9700C
    Nokia dbox II Neutrino
    Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD
    Anzeige
    Hallo,

wenn ich auf meinem System den ATI Catalyst 9.5 oder 9.6 installiere, dann ist der Empfang stark gestört, alle 2 bis 3 Sekunden gibt es Bildhänger und Tonaussetzer. Aufzeichnungen sind ebenfalls nur Schrott. Der Effekt tritt sowohl mit THC 5.118 als auch mit 6.05 auf. Meine Hardware: Intel Dualcore E8400, Chipsatz Intel P43, Grafikkarte ATI Radeon HD3600. Betriebssystem ist Windows XP Professional SP3 32Bit, aktueller Patchstand. Bis einschließlich Catalyst 9.4 gab es keine Probleme beim Empfang.
    Hat noch jemand das Problem oder nur ich?

mfg hcwuschel

2. dvdevil

dvdevil Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:
    AW: Cinergy C PCI HD: Treiberkonflikt mit Catalyst 9.5/9.6?

15 euro dvbviewer

3. delfincek

delfincek Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Hello,
    I can also confirm this. I have Sapphire Radeon HD4870 installed in my system and I had the latest Catalyst 9.6 installed. This week I bought Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD card and I installed the latest drivers (1.1.0.601) and I'm using Terratec Home Cinema 6.3. I also experienced packet loss and that resulted in choppy picture while watching programmes. Just to mention that my signal is very strong 98% and quality also the same.

Then I follwed a recomendation hcwuschel and I downgraded ATI Catalyst drivers to 9.4 and now all is absolutely well and good. Perfect! I just think that I will address this issue to Terratec and also to ATI/AMD. I also recomend to all other affected users to do the same, just to let them know and maybe we will also see some update in the upcoming drivers.

all the best and thank you hcwuschel for this suggestion!

d.

my system:
    Intel E8500,
    2x2Gb TeamGroup Xtreem Dark,
    Sapphire HD4870,
    Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD,
    WD750 Raid Edition,
    SB Live Platinum,
    Windows XP SP3

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 16. Juli 2009
  4. delfincek

delfincek Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

I can report that combination of the older drivers that came with the CD (year of the driver is 2007) and ATI Catalyst 9.6 under Vista SP1 32bit is OK.

I need to see if there is a chance that older drivers + Catalyst 9.7 (when they will be out) is a working combination for Windows XP SP3. When new drivers for ATI will be out I will report back.

Till now I'm staying on the latest drivers and Catalyst 9.4.

cau, d.

5. delfincek

delfincek Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Hello all,

ATI Catalyst 9.7 just came out today and I tried with the latest Windows XP drivers. Just to mention that I have Win XP SP3 installed.

What I tried:

1. ATI Catalyst 9.7 + Terratec 1.1.0.601 (latest drivers) and result was choppy picture in all TV programs
    2. ATI Catalyst 9.7 + Terratec 1.1.0.301 drivers and result was choppy picture in all TV programs
    3. ATI Catalyst 9.7 + Terratec, drivers from Terratec CD that came with a card, date 2007 and result was choppy picture but a little bit less frequent.

Only solution
    So my action was that I reverted back to:
    ATI Catalyst 9.4 + Terratec 1.1.0601 (latest drivers) where there is no packet loss and therefore no choppy picture.

Conclusion. Problem with ATI drivers 9.5, 9.6 and now 9.7 is still not solved.
    It seems that under vista there is no such problem. Only Windows XP is affected.

cu, D.

EDIT: I also filled this problem to Terratec on briefkasten@terratec.de email address but I'm not sure if this is the right one as there are only telephone numbers for technical support.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 24. Juli 2009
  6. delfincek

delfincek Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Today I tried new Catalyst 9.8 drivers from ATI. And problem still persists. So i downgraded back to Catalyst 9.4 where is no choppy picture or freezing frames.

cau, d.

7. delfincek

delfincek Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

It seems that new ATI Catalyst drivers 9.9 fixed the problem of chopping / jittering picture under Windows XP. Now I watch TV for more than 10 minutes and no losing frames so far. I think ATI did it.

enjoy, D.

8. hcwuschel

hcwuschel Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    Humax 9700C
    Nokia dbox II Neutrino

@delfincek:

I've tried the 9.9 for myself. But here the 9.9 works exactly the same as 9.5 - 9.8: choppy :confused:

cu
    hcwuschel

9. delfincek

delfincek Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

Try installing Catalyst 9.4 drivers together with Catalyst control center. Then uninstall only 9.4 drivers and install 9.9 drivers only without Catalyst control center.

In THC OPTIONS select the following.
    Priority : HIGH
    Video render: Overlay Mixer

I have a combination like that that and programs are smooth now.

10. hcwuschel

hcwuschel Senior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    Humax 9700C
    Nokia dbox II Neutrino

did that -> no change !!!

cu
    hcwuschel