1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

HD-S2: Problem mit USB

Dieses Thema im Forum "TechniSat" wurde erstellt von ivdes, 6. Dezember 2008.

1. ivdes

ivdes Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    Hello!

Sorry, but I can't speak German and only a little English....

Suddenly, I've got a problem with USB. I can't extract files by USB with a harddisk anymore. It worked but it doesn't work anymore. Though, it works with a USB stick, but very, very slowly.

Does someone know why it has worked for several months and it doesn't work anymore?

Thank you for your answers.

2. hschenk

hschenk Board Ikone

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    TechniSat Digicorder HD-S2 160GB, Viaccess, AlphaCrypt Classic, Hitachi 55PD9700C Plasma
    AW: HD-S2: Problem mit USB

My English is also not so well but better than french.

Note that an USB-stick ist allways much slower than a hadrdrive and extracting movies need very long time so i use the stick only for updates, pictures and mp3. To copy movies the USB-hdd is the fastest way.

There are several possibilities when a USB-harddrive don't work again on the HD S2. I know this problem.
    Check the USB-cable, replace it (meaby the connector ist defective). If the problem occours, try the following steps.

As first try to format new the USB-drive as FAT32 with the computer in two steps.
    Try first to find out type and model of the drive, then go on the homepage of the manufacturer and look for a low level format utility (often also called "zero fill procedure"). In some case this utility is embedded in a diagnostic program. This lo level format process creates all tracks and sectors new on the surface of disk. In most cases defective tracks will be ignored in future time.
    If this runs well, you can use in most case the original FAT32 format program from the manufacturer.
    If the manufacturers format program create an "autorun" and / or a logo during formatting, erase it after the format process (this can make troubles for the HD S2).
    If this is not offered from the manufacturer, you can find freeware to do that.
    A very good freeware program called "swissknife" you can find here: http://www.compuapps.com/download/Swissknife/swissknife.htm
    This program runs under Windows and my old USB-drive has been repaired succesfully using the above procedures.

3. ivdes

ivdes Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Thank you very much for this answer.

Actually, the problem is the USB power: there is not enough power to run the harddrive. It is strange, because I have been using the same harddrive for several months without problem. Perhaps is it a problem with the new firmware.

4. hschenk

hschenk Board Ikone

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    TechniSat Digicorder HD-S2 160GB, Viaccess, AlphaCrypt Classic, Hitachi 55PD9700C Plasma

Try to purchase an Y-cable. Connect one end with a 5V DC adapter, the other end with the HDS2.
    The problem ist that many USB-HDD's without power supply takes after some hours more energy.
    And the HDS2 allows only approx. 500 mA or less.
    [​IMG]

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 7. Dezember 2008