1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

HD trouble

Dieses Thema im Forum "Terratec" wurde erstellt von Hodor, 20. September 2008.

1. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    I have a few problems with my one and only HD channel.

1. In Vista only with EVR is hardware decoding working. My low energy AMD 4850e only use about 10% CPU on h.264 decoding on 780G chipset. Does anyone have hardware h.264 decoding in Vista with the other renders?

2. De-interlace with Cyberlinks h.264 isn't very good. I see stribes and artifacts if there are movement on the screen. Oddly anything not h.264 de-interlace nicely with EVR. Also CoreAVC and EVR de-interlace nicely.

3. Aspect. 4:3 movies cannot be stretched into 16:9 so there is big black bars left and right.

Now I only have that single HD channel, so I can't tell if these issues are channel specific or for HD in general.

I've heard that the Cyberlink H.264 codec is still limited on features, so that might account for it. Or is it my system setup that cause these?

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 20. September 2008
  2. Griga

Griga Silber Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Technisches Equipment:
    SkyStar2, TerraTec Cinergy T2
    AW: HD trouble

By (MS) design. One of those Vista drawbacks...

3. Hodor

Hodor Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    AW: HD trouble

Actually the entire hardware decoding of H.264 seems to be a mess. I feel like I'm a beta tester. Any post-processing removes the HW decoding, so goodbye to subtitles. Media player classic is rumored to have this fixed, but haven't tested that. Also CoreAVC cannot handle the subtitles at all, so currently I'm forced to use ffdshow... with 90-95% CPU usage as a result.

The entire idea for a passive cooled low energy CPU in a HTPC just got wrecked on this. :(

And when is working, it looks like crap with the de-interlace issue...