1. Cookies optimieren die Bereitstellung unserer Dienste. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste erklärst Du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen
    Information ausblenden
  2. Willkommen im Forum von DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - dem führenden Portal für digitales Fernsehen, Medien und Entertainment. Wenn du hier neu bist, schau dich ruhig etwas um und melde dich an, um am Forengeschehen teilnehmen zu können.
    Information ausblenden

Using the sky website abroad?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Sky UK" wurde erstellt von mallanikkelsen, 21. Mai 2008.

1. mallanikkelsen

mallanikkelsen Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Anzeige
    Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone could give an answer to this question.

I've just been so lucky to get a sky subscription through a friend in the UK. everything seems to work smoothly, however I was wondering if I am able to set up a "my sky account", through there website and using it here in Denmark without making sky suspissious that the subscription is used outside of the UK.

It really would be nice if I could set up sky+ recordings using the website, update my credit card details etc.

I'd very much like to hear what experiences, if any, people inhere have. What does work and what does not? have problems ever acurred ect?

all the best from allan

2. funkymaster

funkymaster Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:
    AW: Using the sky website abroad?

Morning Allan,

no big deal with changing anything on your account. I just changed my Credid card number with the new expire date. Of course i am not unsing an e-mail adress like gmx.de or web.de.

If you use a internation ending no problem. For example xxxx.com or a freemalier from the uk.
    Thats work fine.

Have a nice day.

Funkymaster

3. mallanikkelsen

mallanikkelsen Junior Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Hi

good to hear that it works for you.

A cupple of more questions. were you able to set up the my sky account your self, or did you need asistance from the UK in order to acomplish this? Also, when you are changing credit card details ect, do you use a proxy server or anything to hide your german IP address? or does sky simply not care?
    And what about anytime? have you been trying this out?

All the best from Allan

4. funkymaster

funkymaster Neuling

Punkte für Erfolge:

I set it up by myself. No assistance or anything else. No i didnt use a proxy, i did with my normal german account. I guess they dont care. Anytime is working fine no big deal over in germany. But i have to mention, that we still have our uk adress and our UK number over VOIP. So when we are in Englang we manage several things directly with Sky. So they maybe don`t get suspicions. But that is just a big guess.